Susan Arnold, PhD
I develop, evaluate, and apply exposure assessment methods to gain a better understanding of occupational and non-occupational exposures to chemical, biological and radiological agents. I am a certified industrial hygienist (CIH) with 20+ years of experience in professional practice that informs my research, teaching and service.
I especially enjoy leading and working with interdisciplinary teams in answering complex questions involving the anticipation, recognition, evaluation, and control of health hazards.
Since 2021, I have served as deputy director of the Midwest Center for Occupational Health and Safety, the NIOSH-funded education and research center.
Awards and Recognition
- Member, Delta Omega Honorary Society in Public Health
- Fellow, American Industrial Hygiene Association, 2014
- Past Board Chair, American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists
- Member, American Industrial Hygiene Association
- Member, International Society of Exposure Science
- Diplomat, American Board of Industrial Hygiene