Irina Stepanov, PhD
In my research program, I am applying the fundamental concepts of science and analytical technologies to incorporate biochemical measurements, such as biomarkers of exposure, harm, and susceptibility to disease, into epidemiological and community-based studies and intervention trials. Such integration can provide important insights into human-environment interactions and offer effective tools for addressing critical issues in public health, such as identification of at-risk populations, public education, and the development of public health policies and regulations.
Awards and Recognition
- Delta Omega Public Health Honorary Society, 2013
- Masonic Scholar, Minnesota Masonic Charities, 2011
- Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco
- American Association for Cancer Research
- American Chemical Society