Craig W. Hedberg, PhD
Professor, Division of Environmental Health Sciences
Co-Director, Minnesota Integrated Food Safety Center of Excellence
PhD, Epidemiology, University of Minnesota, 1993
MS, Environmental Health, University of Minnesota, 1984
BS, Biology, University of Connecticut, 1976
My research focuses on foodborne illness and infectious disease outbreaks and I have worked on several national groups to prevent foodborne illness, including the CDC's Food Safety Modernization Act Surveillance Working Group. My work also focuses on surveillance, outbreak investigation, and public health preparedness. Prior to academia, I was the supervisor of the Vectorborne and Zoonotic Diseases Unit at the Minnesota Department of Health.
Environment & exposures, food & nutrition, infectious disease, foodborne disease, surveillance, outbreak investigation, exposure assessment, food safety, epidemiology, public health preparedness, public health practice.
Awards and Recognition
- Member, Delta Omega Honorary Society in Public Health
- Outstanding Public Health Impact Award, School of Public Health, 2016
- Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists
- Minnesota Environmental Health Association
- International Association for Food Protection