Aaron Folsom, MD, MPH
My research and teaching interests are in cardiovascular epidemiology and preventive medicine, including time trends in cardiovascular disease and determinants of cardiovascular disease risk factors in populations.
As an investigator of the ARIC and MESA studies, my work involves many facets of cardiovascular health, including atherosclerosis, venous thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, atrial fibrillation, sleep disorders, the role of genetics, and more.
Awards and Recognition
- Member, Delta Omega Honorary Society in Public Health
- University of Minnesota’s Academy for Excellence in Health Science Research, 2006
- Mentoring Award, American Heart Association Council on Epidemiology and Prevention, 2009
- Population Research Prize, American Heart Association, 2012
- American Society for Preventive Cardiology, Joseph Stokes, III, MD Lifetime Achievement Award, 2016
- Ancel Keys Award, American Heart Association Council on Epidemiology and Prevention, 2019